Thursday, January 7, 2010

Buttons and baubles and sleeping cats - we all love Halloween





Inspiration, what inspires me on a cold and snowy winter day in Minnesota.

Friends call, what are you doing? Oh, I'm photographing buttons - in every way I can think of. Why? I'm doing my own study of texture. At the same time I'm improving my photography, hoping to get inspiration for new design ideas and having a good time.

Over the years in buying and selling antiques I've acquired a vast collection of buttons. Old buttons, new buttons -every color and shape. Buttons that advertise, buttons that attract attention, buttons that held up somebody's grandfather's pants. They're too perfect to throw out, they line my workroom shelves in bottles, old of course, and give joy to all who notice them.




No comments:

Post a Comment