Friday, January 8, 2010


While thinking about the new designs I hope to create for 2010 I took a look at what year's past have created. I've done thousands of these samplers, rugs, pillows, pincushions, pins and I'm sure there are other things I can't remember - or don't want to.

I believe inspiration comes from many sources, books, nature, friends, photography, within ourselves - from our history, colors, graphs, it's endless.

All of these designs in today's post are from previous years, most are mine and a few should be attributed to others - even if I don't remember who.

Today I'll focus on one new design. Once creativity starts, new ideas are no problem -the first one is the toughest.

While working, I'll try to open my mind up to all and not work to hard at it - just draw and see where it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Irene,
    I like the process you use to get the creative juices flowing. Hope the ideas are bubbling forth and you are soon hooking a new design! XXOO Cathy

    ReplyDelete