Thursday, September 24, 2009

Pumpkins and Spiders and Big Black Cats


Halloween is coming. I've loved Halloween since I was a little kid growing up in the country. When I was in grade school Halloween was a big deal. Every year on Halloween I was a ghost, I think everyone was a ghost, We all could round up an old bed sheet and cut holes for the eyes and we didn't care that we all looked alike. We'd run down the dirt road, in the dark, oohing and carrying on, we had a great time. We'd have pillow cases for bags, and by the time we headed for home, they'd be so full they we're hard to carry. After we got home, and before we even took our costumes off, we'd have to investigate our candy. We'd dump it all out on the floor in the living room and compare who had the best stuff. Wonderful times.

I still love Halloween. I love costumes and trick or treats and pumpkins and big black cats and all the wonder of a dark night and a full moon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment